Monday, July 15, 2002

Jerry Maguire (1996) - delightful. the underlying humor of this tale of a football player's agent is just delicious. very well written and directed by cameron crowe. tom cruise is a little over-the-top at times (yet brilliant at others), but ren�e zellweger and bonnie hunt's excellent performances more than make up for that.

'There is a sensitivity thing that some people have. I don't have it. I don't cry at movies, I don't gush over babies, I don't buy Christmas presents 5 months early, and I DON'T tell the guy who just ruined both our lives, "Oh, poor baby." But I do love you.'
Jerry Maguire: Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarassment?
Dicky Fox: I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my wife. And I wish you my kind of success.
Dicky Fox: If this [points to heart] is empty, this [points to head] doesn't matter.
Dorothy: I'm sorry, I'm just not as good at the insults as she is. Marcee Tidwell: No, that was pretty good.
Jerry Maguire: I hated myself...no, I hated my place in the world.
Jerry Maguire: That's more than a dress. That's an Audrey Hepburn movie.

more memorable quotes..

TV-ABC - July 14, 2002. 7.5/10. imdb

No comments: