Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Gross Pointe Blank (1997) - Fun to watch. The movie has an attitude of its own. Dir by George Armitage. John Cusack, Minnie Driver. Plot: Martin Blank is a professional assassin. He is sent on a mission to a small Detroit suburb, Grosse Pointe, and, by coincidence, his ten-year high school reunion party is taking place there at the same time.

Some real funny lines (check more at imdb):
McCullers: You got any ideas how you wanna wax this guy?
Steve: Can't you just say 'kill'? Ya always gotta romanticize it.

Dr. Oatman: Martin, I'm emotionally involved with you.
Marty: How are you emotionally involved with me?
Dr. Oatman: I'm afraid of you.
Marty: You're afraid of me.
Dr. Oatman: And that constitutes an emotional involvement, and it would be unethical for me to work with you under those circumstances.

Marty: You don't know my cat. It's very demanding.
Debi: "It"? You don't know if it's a boy or a girl?
Marty: I respect its privacy.

Debi: So, what have you been doing with your life?
Marty: Professional Killer.
Debi: Oh...you get dental with that?

DVD. R-L1V2S0. 107 min. 6.5/10. imdb

No comments: